“I grew up on a drop zone in the middle of the cornfields in a small town called, Sandwich. My dad was a skydiving pioneer and drug smuggler, which didn’t exactly make me the most popular kid in school back in the 1980s! But the abstract life in which I grew up, gave me the opportunity to see life in a whole different light and gave me the freedom to live my dreams.
Check out my resume to see the accomplishments I’ve been fortunate to accumulate throughout my life!”
Melissa made her first jump in 1982 at the age of 5, making her a third generation skydiver. She has over 10,000 jumps and is an AFF Instructor/Evaluator with a USPA Pro Rating. However, what makes Melissa stand out of the crowd is the she is 3-time National Champion in Freestyle, has 13 World Records and is a mom!
- 2003 16-Way Women’s Vertical World Record
- 2004 42-Way Vertical World Record
- 2005 18-Way Women’s Vertical World Record
- 2005 151-Way Jump For the Cause Women’s RW World Record
- 2007 20-Way Women’s Vertical World Record
- 2007 69-Way Vertical World Record
- 2009 108-Way Vertical World Record
- 2010 41-Way Women’s Vertical World Record
- 2011 9-Way Women’s Wingsuit National Record
- 2012 138-Way Vertical World Record
- 2013 63-Way Women’s Vertical World Record
- 2014 2-point 57-Way Vertical Sequentials World Record
- 2014 44-Way Upright World Record
Melissa co-organized the successful 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010 & 2013 Women’s Vertical World Records (WVWR). She has also organized all over the United States including famous boogies such as, Skydive Chicago’s “Summerfest,” Skydive Carolina’s “Carolina Fest,” Skydive Elsinore’s “Chick’s Rock”, and Skydive Orange’s “Orange Boogie,” as well as organized events in Canada, Mexico, Australia and Italy.
Melissa is also the creator of 4-Way VFS competitive skydiving, was a co-owner of Skydive Chicago from 2003-2007 and has just recently published her first book, Sugar Alpha.